RSS

Thursday, 4 March 2010

Exhausted - Really!

Sorry for lack of posts this week. I've been really ill.
Basically for the last six months I've been working 40/50 hour weeks at my day job, as well as teaching, theatre job, meeting friends, spending time with Mr S and writing two plays.
My mum told me weeks ago that I needed to slow down as it would all catch up with me. My days off were never days off as I was always rushing to meet a friend, writing a play, shopping, cleaning or doing one of my other jobs.

Saturday morning I was in work and went really hot. I just thought the heating was on full. My boss told me it wasn't on, then I went dizzy and the room started spinning. She sent me home from work. I was pale and just wanted to sleep.
I got home and slept for hours, I then took the Sunday off and I probably shouldn't have gone back on Monday, by Tuesday my glands were swollen and I couldn't keep my eyes open in work, Mr S had to get a taxi home as I couldn't drive to pick him up.

I think this is what people call exhaustion. And I feel dramatic calling it that.

I'm still not 100%. I've been off today and I could happily still go to sleep.

So I had to make a decision, I have to slow down and something had to go from my life. Unfortunately it was the one job I really loved. I've had to hand my notice in at the theatre. I can't give up my teaching, I can't stop writing and producing plays and I can't give up my full time job as that's what keeps my bills paid.
I have my last shift there on Saturday and I'm very sad, although I'm also slightly happy that I have some time back to me.

A holiday would be nice right about now!

0 comments:

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .