RSS

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Tiring Tuesday!

I have just finished a 14 hr day and just sipping a lovely glass of wine.
Today has been a loooong day. I was in my taxi at 6:45am this morning and the taxi driver was telling me he finished work at 1pm. Then he said, 'So when I finish, you won't even be half-way through your day, will you?'
'Hmm, nooooo!'
'That is a long day.'
'Yes, I know.'

Mr Sally is going to reveal what he has planned for the valentines weekend on Thursday - which is good because a, I can't wait to find out and b, I may have outfits I need to plan. Oooh, the excitement.

My playwriting classes start this Friday, which I'm really excited about. When I taught playwriting last year, it was to three people. Well, I just found out that one of them has finished her play and entered it in to a play writing festival. I'm so unbelievably proud of her. She keeps telling me that I changed her life and that since she met me, new lines have appeared on her hand!
Anyway, it's moments like these that make me super happy and inspired. I don't earn a penny from my classes as I put all the money back in to making their plays and master classes possible, every penny goes back to the class, and the reason why is clear - I love teaching and encouraging others. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing without the people who have taken time to support and encourage me, so it's nice to give some of it back.

That's all for today!
Looking forward to a 8am-5pm shift and then an evening with my best pal Paul Swaine. Can't wait to see him and get planning a new play!

2 comments:

Rebecca@Diary of a Virgin Novelist said...

How great that you have been able to watch one of your students grow and flourish!

Glad tomorrow will be a bit more normal for you!

Barrie said...

Your teaching sounds very rewarding.

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .