RSS

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

The Real World




This is where I now work, (although that isn't me in the picture!)
OMG! I'm exhausted. For months I've been getting up around nine, writing in the morning, pottering to a part time job in the afternoon/evening and pottering home.
Well, Monday and today I have been in work for 7am. Yes, you read that right.
I have had to set my alarm clock for 5am and I've been that tired I actually couldn't bring myself to have a shower with the bathroom light on, so showered in the dark with the hall light shining in.
My body hates me and is still in complete shock.
I've had to learn names of their different meats and cheeses. I've had tasting sessions too.
Today I learnt how to be a Barista. It went fine until I dropped a piping hot black coffee on my hand (my writing hand!) Oh, and then I put the same hand under the boiling hot water pipe, then I shoved the same hand in a sink of boiling hot water. Wonderful.
This post might sound like I'm moaning, I'm not actually.
The job is great. Everyone has been lovely to me and the guy who is training me has been amazing.
Mr Sally's theatre is accross the way from me too. I've had a daily visit from him (and a few other theatre people) buying coffee, although when I showed him all the paninis I made, he announced very loudly, 'You can't have done all them. You never cook at home. Are they pre packed ones?'
The cheeky s**t! I think I need to get him barred!

And, when we have a break, we're allowed to go to the kitchen and ask for anything cooked for us.
I'm enjoying it, I just need to get my body used to these early morning starts.

4 comments:

Paul Newbery said...

was the seafood salad REALLY that expensive,do you remember when you bought some and i went into shock!

Sally Lawton said...

Yeah, but I should have been asked what size pot and if I was ok with the price!!!!!!

I'm still in shock, I don't think I'll ever get over it.
Haha!

x

Phillipa said...

It sounds exhausting but also great material for a writer... and I know what you mean about not being able to face the bathroom light.:)

Sally Lawton said...

Definitely great for material as a writer. I've only been there three days and already have met and served some very interesting characters!
Ha, glad I'm not alone with not being able to face the bathroom light, Phillipa! x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .