RSS

Friday, 13 November 2009

Light!

What a stressful, stressful time. I've been doing a million jobs and not getting much money in return. My theatre job is fab, but it's monthly pay and don't get my first pay until the end of this month.
My play worker job was great, the kids were amazing but it was three hours a night and the pay was terrible, plus in the half term I didn't get given any shifts. And because the hours were early evening, it meant I was turning down work in the theatre, teaching etc.
I was also spending half my pay getting to work, which was getting me down.
Bills pouring in, Crimbo round the corner, it made me ill.

I got offered a full time position / trial in one of my fave restaurants yesterday. I know the staff quite well and they're trying me out on Sunday. Full time hours, weekly pay, can still work at the theatre, still do my teaching/writing.
Today, I suddenly feel a million times better about things.

My friends and family have been so supportive to my depressed, ill state :-)
Mr Sally has paid as many of my bills as he can. My family have phoned with words of love every day.
My friends have been looking out for jobs for me. Paul Newbery, especially has been so supportive with encouraging words.
Paul Swaine sent me a text that just said, 'Hurry up and get a new job. You're starting to remind me of the mum in dinnerladies!'
Yeah, thanks Swaine!

So providing I pass my trial on Sunday, (they just want to see how I work), then hopefully that's the end of what has been a very, very tough few months.
Phew x

2 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs, Sally, I'm sure you'll be great.

Sally Lawton said...

Thank you Nell, really appreciate it x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .