RSS

Thursday, 29 October 2009

Inspiring Friends

Woke up feeling full of a cold today, which I'm just going to ignore as I'm too busy to be ill.

Two days until NaNoWriMo and I'm going to attend the Manchester launch party on Saturday, can't wait for that.
Also noticed there is a NaPlWriMo - for playwrights. So I've joined. Why not. I have a million and one writing projects on the go at the same time always, so it should be fun.
I'm hoping my desk will be in my new office by this weekend so I can sit and write properly.
My back really hurts from writing from my sofa, despite shoving a million cushions behind me.

Just had a lovely phone call off a friend of mine who is an ex-soap actress. She's not only really talented but she's so inspiring to be around.
Anyway, she's always loved writing and now that acting is slow she's joined forces with a drama school friend of hers and they're meeting every Monday night and writing, writing, writing.
I'm so pleased for her and I could hear the bubble of enthusiasm in her voice as she told me all about it.
I like people like this, ones that don't sit around moaning about the industry and how tough it is - they just get on with it and put the work in.
There's something comforting about having a circle of like-minded friends. Like a safety blanket of inspiration when things get tough.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Sally, I've heard a lot about NaNoWriMo. And it starts this Saturday?! Think I'll sign up!!!

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Cheryl,
Ooh, fab. Yeah it starts on November the 1st and then it runs for the whole month of December.
Find me and buddy me if you join. My username is 'sallylawton.'

x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .