RSS

Thursday, 10 September 2009

Sorry

for my lack of posts. I've been searching for a job for just a week and I started getting all down and miserable about it, so thought it was best I didn't bore you all.
No job, hair was limp - couldn't afford haircut, put on weight - that kind of thing.

Anyway, today I was still feeling miserable and went in to town to hand out CVs and got stopped straight away in the street by a really lovely girl asking if I wanted a free hair cut at Tony & Guy.
'It's completely free?'
'Yep.'
Turns out it was in their academy and the girl was full of confidence and really lovely and I'm not in the position to turn down a free hair cut.
I had the best morning, she cut my hair so well, she also passed one of her assessments when she completed my hair. So yey to her.

Anyway, isn't it amazing what a free haircut can do. I left the salon feeling better, had a spring in my step and just felt more positive.

Within an hour of leaving the salon I got a text off my landlord to say he was reducing the rent for being good tenants and then I got a phone call asking me to a job interview tomorrow, for actually a job I REALLY want. So fingers crossed.

I also took myself off to a park up the road from me today. The sun was shining and I got some writing done.
I'm making a channel on YouTube with comedy spoof clips, which I'll reveal all soon.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is amazing! I think good things come to those who put a lot of positive energy out there, and you are one of those gorgeous people.

Beth. said...

This post is sooo positive!
Send me some positivity over here :)

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Cheryl so much. What a lovely thing to say :-)

Hi Beth, ahh thank you and nice to meet you. I've just had a look at your fab blog and I'll make a link to it. Sending heaps of positivity to you :-)

Beth. said...

I'm glad you like the blog Sally! I've just redone it, needed a bit of an update in terms of background-ness! Always glad to have a new reader :)

Keep goin' with the positivity! xx

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .