RSS

Saturday, 8 August 2009

Tip-Tap

I have done loads of writing this week, so I'm very happy. Yesterday I met a friend I did a writing course with at Oldham Coliseum, both our plays were in the 24:7 Theatre Festival a couple of years ago too - his went on to great things. We decided to have a go at writing something together, inspired after watching so many wonderful plays in this years festival - so we met yesterday to see if we had any ideas and if we actually could write together.

Anyway, I'm pleased to say we had a fabulous afternoon. Ideas flowed and sparked other ideas which then sparked our final idea. We're so excited about it.
I don't want to say anything else yet, because the idea is so exciting and we haven't set anything in stone/paper yet - I'll tell you more soon.

I love writing on my own, I love being lost in my imagination tip-tapping away - but sometimes it's nice to work with someone else. It's nice to bounce ideas around and have a bit of support and some giggles along the way.
There are some writers that I wouldn't click with, but I'm pleased Luke and I have - I can't wait to see where this exciting journey takes us.

2 comments:

Janice Okoh said...

Lucky you. I love it when people say, me and my writing partner... makes them sound so cool.

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Janice, yeah I like saying writing partner - makes me sound like a proper writer!!
x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .