RSS

Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Blank

Weeks and weeks of rehearsals, chaos, tears, tantrums, team work... and now it's over :-(

Last night's final performance was brilliant. The audience were wonderful, the cast were on form and we all enjoyed ourselves.


We've had great feedback - lots of people are saying it's my best play yet - which is always great to hear.



I just feel a bit flat now, now it's all over. But actually, it's quite nice because I've been so involved with the play, I've not been able to write properly for a bit. So I'm really excited to get my pen and pad out tomorrow and meet some new characters!



This is a picture of me on set (taken by Paul Newbery), I look nervous here. I remember this pic being taken and I was sat on set for the first time, looking out to an empty auditorium, thinking 'It all feels a bit real now.'
I stupidly didn't take any photos of us dressed in characer and I'm so annoyed about this. I had a fab 80s perm wig and everyone else looked fab.

I'm going to rewrite bits of the play and hopefully do it bigger and better next time. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can imagine, after all that activity. It must be somewhat like coming home after a long and exciting vacation.

If you didn't take pictures, maybe someone else did for their Facebook page, etc. It might be worth asking around.

Phillipa said...

Sally - glad it all went so well. Hope that you do find some extra pictures.

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks guys - Nobody took photos! Took loads of the rehearsal process, but the shows were so stressful, it slipped everyones mind. I'm very mad at myself - but hope to do it all again later this year!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .