RSS

Saturday, 20 June 2009

Sneeze and Screens

I am full of a cold today and THIS is the reason why!
Outside the theatre where Mr Sally works, they have put up a HUGE TV screen and are showing films every Thursday night and Saturday.

I finished rehearsals on Thursday and had half an hour to kill before Mr Sally finished work, so I pottered over to the screen. They were playing 'Withnail and I,' which I've never seen and EVERYONE seems shocked when I say I haven't seen it!
You can hire a yellow deck chair and blanket for £2 or you can sit on the grass for free.
I got myself a take-out coffee and watched some of the film - which was FUNNY and left me wondering why in fact I have never seen it before!

A little bit of rain started and I though, 'It's only a bit of rain - it'll pass.'
THEN
The heavens opened and it CHUCKED it down! I ran over to the theatre to borrow an umbrella but it just didn't stop throwing it down.




Such a shame as I think the screen is a fab idea. There will be films playing all through Summer, so hopefully the nights will get better.
They're playing everything from Breakfast at Tiffany's to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.











5 comments:

Barrie said...

I've never seen Withnail and I either. And I just moved it to the top of my netflix cue. Hope you get over this cold quickly. Loved the photos and hearing about the outdoor movie viewing. We have kids' movies at night once a week in the summer in our local park.

Sally Lawton said...

Ooh, glad you've moved it to the top Barrie - I watched it properly with my dad last night and it's BRILLIANT xx

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Avril Swenson

Anonymous said...

Whаt's up, always i used to check weblog posts here in the early hours in the daylight, for the reason that i like to gain knowledge of more and more.

My web blog bucket truck safety
Feel free to visit my homepage ; used altec bucket trucks for sale

Anonymous said...

Τodаy, I ωent to the beаchfrοnt
with my κіds. I found a ѕea shell аnd gavе іt to my 4 yеar οld daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She ρut the ѕhell to her еaг and screameԁ.
There wаs a hermit сrab insidе and
it pincheԁ hеr еaг. Shе nеver wants tо gо bасk!
LοL I know thіs іs comρletelу off topic but
I haԁ tο tell somеonе!

Ηere is my ωebsite: dallas car insurance
Here is my blog ; dallas tx auto insurance

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .