RSS

Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Say 'Agh'

I'm off work today, my throat is swollen - although it's actually slightly better than it was yesterday. I thought I had mumps as my lovely friend Paul announced he has mumps and I know I had it when I was a child, and I don't think you can get it twice, but still I thought I may have! Anyway, I'm off to the docs in a bit!

Last night I went to the Contact Theatre to a discussion/networking event on Broadening your audience.
It was really interesting - really made me think about how to get a diverse audience in to the shows, what venues are and aren't doing to help and how important it is to communicate.

After the 2 hour discussion it was time to network in the bar. Usually I don't do these things, usually I leave. But I had an hour to kill before I had to pick up Mr Sally from work and I'd bumped in to a couple of people I knew, so I ended up in the bar with a glass of coke... and it was good. I met some brilliant and inspiring people. It's always great to chat to people doing the same thing as you or people with the same passions.
And because of last night my play will hopefully be part of a festival in the Summer - which I'll keep you posted about.

Tonight, it's the Verbally Challenged night at the Contact Theatre. A few friends are coming along and I'm a bit nervous as I have no idea what to expect tonight... I just hope the audience are kind to me.

3 comments:

liz fenwick said...

HOpe you feel better soon!
lx

Cheryl said...

Hope you feel better and good luck (beak a leg?) at the Verbally Challenged! Sounds fun.

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Liz and Cheryl. Feeling much better today.

Cheryl, Verbally Challenged was FAB, thanks. Thankfully it went well x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .