RSS

Thursday, 2 April 2009

Last night...

went so well! I'm so relieved!

Before the night started I actually felt a bit sick. I think it has a lot to do with control. I'm used to writing and then producing my work myself, handing it over to someone else and just turning up to see what they've done with it is painful and also knowing the audience would be asked their opinion on the writing after it, whilst I'm sat there is just a bit much - but I realise it's actually good for me to experience.

I have to say though, flipping heck - the director and actors did a marvy job. Honestly, they worked wonders with the piece. I was so scared of watching it, but actually I ended up being really proud of it.

And the audience? Well flipping heck, they did seem to love it. Said the writing was good, thought the comedy was great and generally loved it. Someone said they could see it on TV - which made me smile as I'm currently writing a TV comedy, so perhaps I'm not that bad at this writing malarkey after all.

I was so thankful to see some friends turn up and support, especially the lovely Paul.
My playwriting class, bless them came to support too and I was so proud of them shoving their hands up and making comments on all the pieces shown.

A fab night and very inspiring and the Contact Theatre is a really great theatre.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yeah! Good for you.

Phillipa said...

Glad it went so well. P x

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Cheryl and Phillipa, I'm so happy it went well, phew! x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .