RSS

Sunday, 15 March 2009

My Head is SPINNING!

Last night, Mr Sally, Gav and I met up with my uncle in Manchester. He split up with his wife (thank God - she was horrible) before Christmas and thankfully he's feeling all fab about his life now and wanted to meet us for drinks and a meal.

Mr Sally and I always go here for meals in between shows - it's called Spinningfields and we have a fab discount card, so we usually get 241 meals etc.


And we decided to go to one of our favourite restaurants: Strada.
The food was gorgeous, and the drinks flowed and flowed, along with the laughs. We looked at our watches and realised we'd been there for five hours!


The bill came, and it seems you can't use a 241 discount card on a weekend, oops! The bill was HUGE! Mr Sally said he'd pay for it and I thought 'Well, I'm not even going to argue this one!' It was practically a weeks wage for me! Eek!

We put Uncle G on to his bus at 1:45am and we got a cab home (which I paid for by the way!)

Mr Sally had to be in work at 9:00am today, I don't know how he did it because I couldn't even open my eyes to say bye and wish him a happy day!I didn't get up until 11:00am, which I HATE doing. The sun was shining through the window and I felt like rubbish. But I showered, dressed and went for a bit of a walk to find the nearest Co-Op style shop (I'm still getting used to where I live), and now I feel all refreshed, which is good as I've got lots of work to do today.

Oh, it's so nice being back on-line - I've missed being able to have a good old chin wag with you all!

2 comments:

Paul N said...

My mum and i were looking around Spinningfields which we haven't seen since it was all done up and saw that restaurant.We said we must go to it.I'll tell her you said it's nice.welcome back b.t.w.

Sally Lawton said...

Ooh, it's lovely. Definitely worth a visit.
It's so good to be back online!

See you soon and I'll send the interview questions over later xx

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .