RSS

Thursday, 8 January 2009

Pay it Forward


That's what I'm doing, paying it forward.

After Christmas I noticed Rhydian's CD out and although I REALLY wanted it (I loved him on X-Factor and I bloomin' love a good power ballad!) Anyway, I decided to wait until I had a bit more money until I bought it.

Then on Tuesday I was sat in work, when a lovely colleague, Catherine said, 'Does anyone want the Rhydian album?'
'YES!' I actually squealed, 'Why?'
'I got two for Christmas, so I'm happy for one to go to a good home.'
'Are you sure?'
'Yes, positive, I'll bring it in tomorrow.'
'Do you want any money for it?'
'No, honestly. I'm just happy to get rid of it.'
'Is there a CD you'd like and I'll get it you in exchange?'
'No, honestly - don't worry about it.'


Except I do worry about it, because it was such a lovely gesture and she brought the CD in for me today and I can't help feeling bad, that the CD was bought out of someones hard earned money and it was a gift, not really meant for me.
I've decided I'm going to buy her a nice bunch of flowers next week.

And to pay forward the kind gesture, I'm going to download it on to my ipod, then pass the CD on to my mum.

Oooh, right I can't wait any longer. I'm going to download it now. I can't wait!
Thank you so much Catherine.
** OMG - just uploaded the whole album to my ipod and I'm just listening to it for the second time and it's AMAZING! I love Rhydian!! **

4 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

My eldest got Same Difference's album for Christmas and it's great - one of those bop around the house and sing along while no ones there to see you albums.

Sally Lawton said...

I got the Same Difference album off my mum and dad too! You're so right, and it's hard not to smile when you listen to it. It never fails to bring a spring in to my step when I'm walking to work on a gloomy day!

frank said...

I have to look this one up---

Sally Lawton said...

:) He's BRILLIANT!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .