RSS

Tuesday, 16 December 2008

Why I Love Old People #1


I did a matinee yesterday and we had a group of lovely old ladies from a local nursing home in to watch the show. They loved the show from the beginning and joined in and laughed lots, then...

Halfway through one of the actors said to me backstage that an old lady was really putting her and another actor off.
I went on stage and halfway through my song, an old lady in a wheelchair looked at me and said, 'Hurry up, I want to go home. It's getting dark.'
I carried on with my song and throughout the last few scenes she kept saying, 'Come on, get on with it. Please hurry up.'

As frustrating as it was at the time, it made me smile afterwards!

5 comments:

Barrie said...

Imagine being at that stage in life when you can say whatever you please?!

Sally Lawton said...

I know, how lovely to be able to say whatever you like, whenever you like!

Nell said...

That reminds me of when my friend worked in an old peoples home and the staff raised some money to take the residents to Blackpool to see the illuminations. When the day came none of them wanted to go because it meant being out in the dark!

Sally Lawton said...

Ah, Nell - what a lovely and sad story. Bless them. x

Janice Okoh said...

That's hilarious!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .