RSS

Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Icing on the Cake!

Well, it happened... The Panto kicked off yesterday and let me tell you it's been a frantic, tiring, and emotional week.

The set wasn't ready in time, costumes were still being made... it was pure chaos. I was at the theatre until midnight every single night last week and on Sunday I was there until 2am... so I'm a very tired lady.
We opened on a matinee yesterday and we were all pretty much running on adrenaline. Then we had an evening show to get through, but we did it and the feedback has been fantastic.

Lots of people have commented on how much they have enjoyed watching a traditional Panto with lots of comedy and lots of audience interaction for the kids.

The tickets are £5 and £4 for concs. This doesn't mean the show is going to be amateur, far from it. We're selling them at £5 because the venue is still trying to establish itself and doesn't have a load of celebrity wages to pay!!
The director is a FAB slap-stick/comedy director and he's worked us hard to make sure we're offering a high standard Panto. And I can honestly say, it's been tough, it's been long hours, it's been very stressful and at times a bit tiring but hand on heart, I stepped on that stage yesterday and felt truly proud to be a part of a fantastic show. And to hear old ladies laughing and children screaming at the baddies was truly the icing on the cake.

If you're in the north west and looking for a Panto, please come along.
www.salfordartstheatre.co.uk

2 comments:

rikoneill said...

I bet it's all brilliant experience too, Sally - from a directing and writing standpoint.

Have you ever thought about writing a panto?

I would love to read a draft of Sally's Santa Spectacular!

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Rik,
Yeah it's been a fab experience and something I've never done before. I'm absolutely shattered, but I'm really enjoying it.

I have been thinking of writing a Panto, so you never know - Sally's Santa Spectacular may be at a theatre near you next year!! Ha!

Hope things are good with you?!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .