RSS

Monday, 3 November 2008

Dizzy... My Head Is Spinning!

Oh my goodness, I'm so poorly. Sick, sick, sick.
I've got some kind of a horrible bug, I've got a horrible cough and I feel dizzy and sick.
Part of me feels a bit exhausted and I think I've been doing far too much lately and not stopping for a day of rest.

Last night 7-10pm, we had our very first Christmas show rehearsal. I felt so ill yesterday that I didn't move from under my duvet all day. Mr Sally begged me not to go to the rehearsal as I looked so pale, but I had to. There's no way I could miss the first rehearsal, plus I'm working with a new director and wanted to make a good first impression... except, after last night I have no idea what his impression is of me.
I stayed very quiet throughout whilst other scenes were taking place. I hoped I wasn't sat looking miserable, when actually I was sat trying to ignore the sick feeling I had coming and going in waves.

The rehearsal ran over and I got colder and colder. Then half way through my scene the room started spinning, I tried to ignore it, but it's not really something you can ignore, then I went really hot as if I was about to be sick.
'I'm sorry, I've gone really dizzy and I think I'm going to be sick.' I said and ran to the toilet, where I sat down, shaking. It was such a horrible feeling.
I wasn't sick, thankfully, but desperately wanted to go home and get in to bed. By the time I did get home I was in floods of tears because I felt so ill.

I feel terrible of the impression I must have left from my first rehearsal, I hope the director doesn't think I was just being 'difficult,' and I'm sure once we get on with rehearsals, he'll realise that I am very professional and hard working, I was just really, really sick!

I've been off work today, stayed in bed, switched my mobile off and read a book! Mr Sally finished work early and arrived home with magazines, lucozade, chocolates not to mention the flowers and pile of magazines he got me yesterday! I'm feeling better for the rest and even had a bubble bath in the afternoon (that felt very naughty - who has a bubble bath in the afternoon!)

I definitely need to start taking care of myself, I don't take vitamins, which is something I think I need to start doing. In four weeks I'll be doing two Christmas shows a day for two weeks and there will be no room for sickness!
Hope everyone else is feeling well.

3 comments:

Sara Hantz said...

You poor thing. Hope you feel better soon :)

Nell said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Sara and Nell. Thanks for your lovely messages. I'm feeling much better today, thankfully! x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .