RSS

Saturday, 23 August 2008

Pride & Politics

This weekend sees the return of the Gay Pride festival in Manchester. It's a HUGE event with parades etc. I've been asked to work today last minute for the festival. I'll be on a t-shirt stand, selling things and looking after the volunteers. Should be fun and the sun is shining.

I've got one week to move house and haven't found anywhere to live yet. It's a complicated affair. The reason I'm leaving is because a mutual friend of ours is moving in and for various reasons I don't want to live with her. My other flatmate felt the same, then changed her mind last minute, leaving me with no other option but to move out as I know I'll be unhappy if she moves in. I'm really sad because I've loved living with my housemate and never wanted to leave, but feel I've really got no say on who moves in and I'd rather move out than live in an unhappy environment - I think I've been through enough this year already and can't be bothered with anything else!
Thankfully, my brother Gav needs somewhere to live - so we're looking for a place together. We're viewing a rather posh apartment tomorrow that we both love from the photos, so fingers crossed!

Writing wise, I'm working on my next play for the youth theatre at Salford Arts Theatre. The play is called 'Camp 360,' and is set in a Brat Camp for teenagers. I'm really enjoying writing this one and should have it finished soon!

That's all for now!

5 comments:

Janice Okoh said...

I can't believe you write plays so quickly! Sounds like you're definitely in a good place. hope you find a great flat.

Nell said...

Hugs, Sally. Hope you find a fabulous place where you can feel settled and happy.

Barrie said...

Fingers crossed for an apt for you and your brother.

frank said...

Oh I am SO far behind.. found a house yet? Gay Pride went well I hope and probably finished the play already!

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Janice, Nell and Barrie - thanks for your nice messages. They mean a lot :-)

Hi Frank, spot on! Flat found and moved in! Play finished and Gay Pride was BRILLIANT! I had such a great time working there and got free tickets to go on my days off - it was so much fun! x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .