RSS

Sunday, 22 June 2008

Next!

I've had a couple of job interviews this week for bar jobs etc.

Please see snippets of one interview below and for reasons to see why I should just never be allowed out of the house again.

The Interview:
Very hunky man, limp hand shake though!

ME: So, I used to work for an on-line dating company and arranged speed dating nights...
HIM: Did you manage to bag yourself a man whilst you were at it?
ME: No, I had a boyfriend at the time, but we've just finished...

SILENCE!
TUMBLE WEED!

HIM: I'm so sorry.
ME: No, I'm sorry!

Why the heck I felt the need to share this kind of info is beyond me.
Some Moments Later:

HIM: Why this bar?
ME: Why not!!!

HIM: So, I see you went for Salford Uni and did theatre and dance?
ME: You could say that, or you could say I just rolled on the floor for two years!

HIM: We like people to keep the bar clean and tidy as much as possible.
ME: Great, I have slight OCD and love to clean!

What is the matter with me?
Anyway, I've not heard back from this bar or the other one - the search continues!

10 comments:

Alyson Noel said...

I would've hired you immediately!

Sally Lawton said...

Ah, thanks Alyson :-)

Nell said...

Snort, your interviews sound like mine. My classic was years ago when I went to an interview for my nurse training.
Interviewer - 'So why do you want to become a nurse?'
Nell - 'Because i'm not clever enough to be a vet.'

Thay gave me a place!?!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Sounds like you were spot-on!

They were probably completely baffled and intimidated by you.

Lucy Diamond said...

That really made me laugh! Get that dialogue into a play immediately!

Barrie said...

I'd hire you in a flash. Humour sells drinks.

frank said...

I agree with everyone else- I would have hired you in a heartbeat!

Grace Tyler said...

He was the one out of place! "did you bag yourself a man" is just plain rude unless he wanted the position, and your comeback was perfect--if he wanted the position, as if to say, "Interested?" hahahahaha

Sorry, laugh at the expense of your personal life.

I should never be allowed in public either, which is why I work at home now. However, that limits the available stimuli for creativity to messy nappies and sippy cups that spill on the carpet even with a lid--and knowing that somehow I will have to get the stains out before the parents return for their next visit in six weeks.

Although my mum seems to be very forgiving when it comes to the grands making messes in the house (we are housesitting while she works out of state). Nana is much nicer than Mom was.

Phillipa said...

Good luck with the interviews Sally.

Jenna G said...

LMAO
How could they not employ you, OCD is clearly a great skill if they require a clean and tidy bar! Discrimination ;)

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .