RSS

Saturday, 24 May 2008

Super Saturday!

It's been a very long and draining week this week. I've argued with the Ex Mr Sally (lots), I've fallen out with a good friend because on trying to make me feel better about the things I'm going through at the minute, he ended up completely offending me and hurting me with the things he said. And maybe at the minute I am a bit sensitive, I don't know. All I know is I'm completely drained and completely sick of arguing.

However, I have had some great nights with my flatmates and friends... we've had dinner parties, film nights and lots of wine, it's been fun.

I still haven't written a peep yet, but I'm feeling more like it every day. (I'm off for a few days now, so hopefully I'll be able to concentrate enough to write something!)

Today I've spent the morning/afternoon at the Salford Arts Theatre, watching a drama workshop with the youth group I'll be writing a play for. I really enjoyed it and I'm really excited about writing for them... my thinking cap is screwed on and hopefully I'll come up with something they can get their teeth in to.

I spent the latter part of the afternoon shopping in Salford! I've treated myself to a cute outfit for tonight as I'm off to celebrate Paul's birthday, and I'm very much looking forward to it!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Have fun! Out of curiosity, how many writing projects do you have going on at any one time. It seems like you have a ton!

Sara Hantz said...

Wow... it sounds like things are on the up for you, big time. Congrats on getting Writer in Residence, what a coup!!!

You'll start writing when the time is write... it will just happen.

Have a great weekend....

Alyssa Goodnight said...

So glad things are looking up! :) And shopping's always a boost!

Barrie said...

Sorry you've had such a draining week.

Looking forward to hearing about your next writing project. I bet it'll show up soon! ;)

frank said...

Whew! You are tiring me out!

I hate arguing- I'm a positive person and I find that friction between people drags me down too far. So I am an avoider- "State your case and be gone with you" is my motto. Ask my ex-wives... ha ha!

Congrats on the writer in residence. You have talent so it won't be long before you think of something.

I'm also a writer in residence- but different, I write at home in my own residence. ;)

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Rebecca. Erm, I have about 5 on the go. I have different deadlines going on all the time!
But I wouldn't have it any other way :-)

Thanks Sara, hopefully I'll get stuck in this week :-)

Hi Alyssa, thanks and I've done way too much shopping!

Ah, thanks Barrie. I'm feeling more like it every day!

Hi Frank, as usual your message put a much needed smile to my face, thanks x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .