RSS

Thursday, 15 May 2008

Better!

Well, I'm feeling better and stronger every day! I've still not written anything (eek), but I've been hanging out with my friends, drinking wine, eating and laughing and it's definitely helping!
The walk to and from work is keeping me really fit and a pair of combats that used to be way too small on me are now fitting me perfectly!

Manchester was full and I mean FULL of Scots yesterday. 200,000 of them - in the streets from 9:00am drinking. By the time I finished work, you couldn't move on the street! I'm glad I went straight home, as a huge riot started and the state of Manchester this morning, it's unbelievable.

I've got lots of fun things planned for the weekend, but I will definitely be writing - I have to and I will!
I've lived in my new house a week now and I feel settled and happy :-)

3 comments:

Barrie said...

I'm so glad to read that you're settling in nicely.

What was the reason for all the Scots? Pity they hadn't arrived sooner; they could've taken in your play!

Will check in Monday to see how the weekend's writing went. :)

Nell said...

Sending you some more hugs! Sounds like you're doing well, take care of yourself.

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Barrie,
Thanks for your nice message. The Scots were in Manchester because of a football match that wasn't anything to do with a Manchester team!
I can't explain the chaos they caused. The streets became very scary - lots of businesses closed early, shops were out of beer. It was horrible!!
:-)

Hi Nell,
Ah - thanks for the hugs. Means a lot xx

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .