RSS

Friday, 18 April 2008

It Went...

REALLY BLOOMIN WELL!!!!!!

Despite only having an hours sleep the night before. I kept waking up in a panic, then waking up feeling pure anger towards the girl who 'dropped out.'
I had a bit of a girly cry when I was on my own in Tescos car park (as you do!), then pulled myself together and went to the theatre early!
And can I just add that the girl who 'dropped out' of the play, still hasn't had the decency or respect to call or even text with an apology and an explination. All I did was offer to pick her up from a different train station and drive her to rehearsals...

Anyway, a lovely guy in the cast Paul Newbrey - who's not only a fantastic actor, he's absolutely lovely too. Well he kindly came to the theatre to help go through the lines with me. We were both shocked at how much I knew. I think subconsciously whilst directing, the lines have stored somewhere safe in my brain. He helped me a lot with the ending as my character goes a bit psycho!
We managed two full runs and then we were on!

I was slightly worried, not only about the lines but for the past two years I've played lots of comedy parts and this part is quite serious. But I was rather pleased with myself and even managed to cry on stage (I wasn't having another breakdown - just my character was!!)

As opening nights go and due to everything we've been through I think we did more than OK, and I'm really proud of the cast, everyone has supported everyone and we really worked as a team.
Anyway, my voice is going and so I'm drinking lots of honey and lemon and hope it holds out until Saturday.

I had my interview on BBC Radio Lancashire today with Ted Robbins, who I have to say is a lovely, lovely man. I had such a giggle and really enjoyed the interview, even if he did put me on the spot live on air by asking me to act out a scene from the play!! Cheeky man!! It was great though!

Right, I'm off for a shower and then off to the theatre!
Thanks for all your kind wishes xx

5 comments:

PAUL said...

WHENT TO SEE THE PLAY TONIGHT (FRIDAY)WHAT WERE YOU WORRIED ABOUT?
THE PLAY MADE ME LAUGH MADE ME CRY
YOU AND THE CAST WERE FANTASTIC
WELL DONE
£5 WELL SPENT

PAUL

Sally Lawton said...

Thank you Paul so much for your lovely comment.
I'm so pleased you enjoyed the show and thank you for stopping by my blog.

Sally x

Amanda Ashby said...

Hooray! So pleased it all went well. I can't even begin to imagine the stress of standing in front of people and acting, let alone when you've written and directed it as well. I think you deserved a big bubbly glass of something!

Nell said...

Hope you are having a well deserved lie in. Hugs

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Amanda and Nell. I had a well deserved drink last night and a lie in this morning!! Phew!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .