RSS

Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Progress...

Tonight was the night that I handed the final scenes of the play to the cast... and they loved it - phew!
I was so nervous before hand, even listening to them read it - I think it's because this one is as much their creation as mine and I wanted them to like the end product. Thankfully it went well. I managed to time it and I think it'll just be right.

Other news - I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow. I've been invited to the Royal Exchange Theatre for the launch of their new playwriting competition and then in the evening I'm at my local theatre for a community meeting. I think they'll be announcing my play, which thankfully I now have a title and synopsis. The title is:
BATTERED COD & DENTED EGOS!

It's set in a northern chippy about a girl with big dreams, being held back by her father. She's helped run the family chippy since her mother died and feels she owes it to her father to stay loyal to him and the family business, that is until her world is turned upside down.

Erm, that's it so far.

Speaking of chippy's - Mr Sally and I just decided to have a chippy tea as we were late getting home after work tonight. Now, either there's a shortage of potatoes or my friends have pre-warned the chippy I'm on the Weight Watchers diet - because I swear, I had no more than 10 chips in my barm... what is this world coming to?!

3 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I love the title! You are so prolific! I'm jealous!

Grace Tyler said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Sally. Congratulations on all your doings! Exciting stuff going on. Keep it up!

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Alyssa and Grace for your lovely messages x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .