RSS

Friday, 28 March 2008

Changes...

Everything went up in the air with my play again yesterday, when my friend Kerry who was replacing an actor who'd pulled out with whiplash, called and said she forgot, but she had a wedding on the Friday of the performance week and couldn't do the play after all.

Well, I just felt like packing the whole thing in. Then a FAB friend gave me a great idea, to turn the character in to a male and cast one of my closest friends and writing partner Paul Swaine.
I was stunned to silence, it was a FANTASTIC idea.
Paul naturally panicked, but I've sent him the script today and he's confirmed he'll do it!!
He didn't even have an excuse, because when he checked the calendar on his phone to see if he had any other plans, my play was keyed in as he was coming to watch it anyway!!

I'm really excited and think it will work. I've edited the script slightly and it's been emailed to every cast member.
We have a rehearsal on Monday and I can't wait!

Paul's Website
Paul's Blog

3 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Clever! Good luck with the changes and fingers crossed!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

So glad it worked out! You must have a very talented group of friends!

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Liz and Alyssa. Fingers crossed it works!!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .