RSS

Saturday, 23 February 2008

Knock-Knock...


That was my door last night at 10:30pm. My next door neighbour was stood there, 'Sorry to knock so late, I've got a parcel for you. I meant to bring it earlier, but ended up going out.'
Her husband handend me the heavy cardboard box.
'Oh, thank you - thank you!' I beamed.

I was about to tell them it was the posters for my play, but they didn't hang around and said goodbyes and went inside.

I ripped open the box, I was so excited. The posters are beautiful... OK, so I'm getting carried away with myself here. But I love them. Even more so because I designed them. I don't mind admitting I shed a little tear.

'Why?' Asked Mr Sally, 'It's not like this is the first play you've ever done.'

That's true, but for some reason, holding the flyer for my play - makes it all seem real. And just for that moment I felt really proud of myself, just for that moment. And I won't feel that again until opening night, when the cast take their first bow - because from now until then is a none-stop rollercoaster ride!

4 comments:

Barrie said...

So glad your flyers turned out. I don't know how you do it--pull a play together, that is. :)

Sally Lawton said...

Ah, thanks Barrie - well it could all still go wrong! ha! :-)

frank said...

Great! Now you can stop fretting... at least over the posters...

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Frank - yep, one less thing to worry about! :-)

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .