RSS

Thursday, 31 January 2008

Not My Week...

OMG! When I got up this morning it was chucking it down with rain, the wind was howling and it started thundering and lightening!
If Mr Sally wasn't driving me in, I think I would have phoned in sick, because quite frankly it didn't look safe!

Anyway, I got to town an hour early, went to the bank to pay some money in, where the girl behind the counter told me all about her moring in the rain and how her feet were soaking but she couldn't take her shoes off because her feet stink. Just the kind of conversation I like to have at 9:15am!
I managed to get 20mins in the library before I was blown in to work.

I don't know what's wrong with me this week, I can't get my daily target. We have to provisionally sell three shows a day and I've got one booking all week!!!
I've been in the office the longest out of everyone and I've never had a problem selling, I have my off days, but nothing like this.
My boss said, 'Can I get you anything to help?'
'Vodka?' I replied.
Oh how we laughed!!

Seriously though, I just don't think my heart's in it any more. I keep looking at the clock, wishing I was at home writing.

Right, I'm sorry to moan. Don't feel sorry for me. My job is great, it works around my writng, I get half terms off and I get paid to have the summer hols off - I'm just having one of those weeks!

PS: I had to get in to the lift with Make-up Lady today :) She was talking to a bloke about something, I kept looking at her from the corner of my eye. Considering her face is always made up, her nails are terrible and she has a funny accent!

2 comments:

Barrie said...

Some weeks are definitely tougher than others. Who knows why?

Sally Lawton said...

Totally agree :)

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .