RSS

Sunday, 27 January 2008

Inky Fingers



At twelve o'clock I decided I should get stuck in to printing my book so that I can post it tomorrow.

I brought my printer downstairs from the study and plugged it in to my laptop. 'Don't worry,' I said to Mr Sally. 'I'll have it all printed by the time football starts.'

'It won't take you two hours will it?' He asked. Manchester United were playing on the TV at 2pm.

No, it didn't at all take me two hours to print, because four and a half hours later I'm still here - PRINTING! The football match has been and gone - long ago!

Fine, I'm printing it chapter by chapter so that I can give it one last check.
And yes, halfway through some paper got jammed and blah, blah, blah...

Why does it have to take so long?

I'm almost done now. I hate this part. I know I should look at all the words I've written and be proud, it should be a special moment seeing everything I've slaved over in print - and I will feel proud, just as soon as the printer finishes its job and it's back upstairs out of my way.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Printers do suck but holding a complete MS in your hands, that you wrote!, is a beautiful thing.

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Rebecca. You're right. Now that my printer has been put away and everything's now tidy, it's a lovely feeling to look at the complete MS. (wiping a tear from my eye as I type!)

Phillipa said...

Have you sent it yet?

Sally Lawton said...

I've sent it today!! Finally! Fingers crossed x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .