RSS

Friday, 18 January 2008

Drained...

I'm well and truly frazzled.
For various reasons Mr Sally has been off work since before Xmas, he's due back on Monday.
I've been back in work for the past two weeks and because we live in the middle of bloomin nowhere, I have to get a really early bus to work.
So I've been getting up around 6:30am, leaving Mr Sally in bed (which makes me narky), and running to the bus stop to get my bus at 7:30.
I get in to Manchester for 8:15am - I don't start work until 10:00am!!

So, I've been going to McDonalds for a coffee - that is until a man started talking to me on Tuesday - I thought he was just making small talk until I realised he was actually chatting me up and then gave me his number.
As this doesn't actually happen to me that often, I took his number (I just didn't know how to get out of the situation I'd just got myself in - I thought we were just having a polite chit-chat)! So I finally said 'Have you got the time?'
He said, 'Yeah, it's eight forty-five.'
'Is it?' I said a bit too loudly. 'Gosh, I'm going to have to go. Lovely talking to you.'
He stood up, told me to call him. He leaned in, like he was going to kiss my cheek - so I did the only thing I could think to do -
I shook his hand!
And ran out!

Honestly, I don't know how that happened. One minute we were talking about the horrible rain, the next I was keying in his number in to my mobile (I thought he was giving me the number of a club he ran) I'm so stupid.

So feeling like I'd been unfaithful, I woke Mr Sally from his pit immediately to tell him about my little situation and that I had deleted the number straight away. He just laughed and told me his mother had told him to watch out for women like me... the cheek of it!

So, I've had to change my McDonalds branch, I just couldn't bear bumping in to him again and I've been going to the library for an hour before work - which has been great.

I'm just tired though. It's dark when I leave the house and it's dark when I come home. It's constantly raining (my poor Ugg boots)!

I've got two plays to finish by the end of next week.
So no lie in for me tomorrow - I'll be up with the lark and tip-tapping away at my keyboard.

6 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this - lol :-) Isn't great to know you still have pulling power!

Sally Lawton said...

:-) Hi Liz.
It's nice to know, definitely. I just hope it doesn't happen again in my new branch - there isn't another McDonalds for miles!!

x

Nell said...

I was always hopeless at recognising a chat up too.

Sally Lawton said...

:-) Glad I'm not alone Nell!

Barrie said...

What a funny story! And I hope he doesn't follow you to your next McDonald's. On the plays front--you are an inspiration with all your hard work!

Sally Lawton said...

Ah, thanks for your lovely comment Barrie - what a lovely thing to say :-) Thank you x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .