RSS

Thursday, 3 January 2008

All Over

Mr Sally is ill. He has a sniffle and in true man form he thinks he's going to die.

I've been out shopping today with the family and I bought a little table that sits on your knee with a beanbag underneath, just for my laptop, it's very cute.
I'm feeling a bit sad because the decorations have been taken down and Mr Sally and I go back home tomorrow. I've had a fantastic Christmas and New Year with my family, just sad it's all over.

I bumped in to an old friend today in a supermarket. We used to go to college together ten years ago and we lost touch, so it was really great to see her again and swap numbers.

I'm planning a full evening of writing, it's great to be back in the swing of things again.

I also told my day job that I'd have to go back to working four days a week as I needed Wednesdays off (my writing day). Eeek.
It is the kind of job that works around the staff, that's the reason I took it, but lately they have been getting frustrated with staff hardly ever in as they have other things to do. But I did used to only work 4 days as I used to teach on a Thu... I'm just trying to justify it to myself!

It's the right thing to do though, my writing is going to come first this year.

4 comments:

Julie Cohen said...

My husband is the same way. A few sniffles and he has flu. I think it is in the Y chromosome.

Sally Lawton said...

:-) They're all the same!
When I had my throat infection last week he said 'It's just a sniffle.'
That's now what I keep saying to him!

Buffy said...

Clearly you must know there is nothing more terrible in this world than man flu.

Even child birth.

To hear it told.

Sally Lawton said...

Hi Buffy, thanks for stopping by.
Man flu is such a terrible thing - it's a mystery us women don't seem to get it! :-)

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .