RSS

Sunday, 30 December 2007

How May I Help You?

I can't believe how much bad luck I have with mobile phones. Since Mr Sally kindly got me a contract phone last Christmas we've had nothing but problems.
Just before Christmas I upgraded to a gorgeous Blackberry Pearl, where I get unlimited Internet access and emails come through to the phone as texts would. Except we couldn't get it to work.

To cut a long and very boring story short, the phone company forgot to activate the email facility, then when they did I couldn't set it up and nobody in the company could help me.
I'll get to the point - I've spent the entire day on the phone and online trying to sort it out. Well, Mr Sally has been on the phone to them and he actually ended up saying he was going to cancel the contract unless they sorted it in five minutes - and guess what? It was sorted in less than that!

I think it's finally working now! Phew.

I'm still trying to get better so that I can have a drink or three tomorrow, but I don't think it's going to happen. My throat is killing me.

6 comments:

Amanda Ashby said...

Poor you - dealing with call centres is a total art form (or an excerise in futility!!!). Anyway, it totally sounds like you cleaned up at Christmas. Is your pink laptop like the photo on your blog??? Anyway hope 2008 is going to rock for you!!

Nell said...

Happy New Year and I hope you feel better soon.

Barrie said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. And I'm glad you got the phone sorted out. That's quite the phone! Happy New Year!

Sally Lawton said...

Happy New Year Amanda, Nell and Barrie.
Amanda, the laptop I got is not the same as the photo, just the same colour!! I'll post a photo one of these days! :-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Oooh a Blackberry Pearl, I'd like one of those! Shame about the faff you've had to get it going though... those helplines are such a nightmare. Still, onwards and upwards for 2008!

Sally Lawton said...

:-) Hi Lucy. It is lovely and thankfully working, I think - I'm scared to use it now!! :-)

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .