RSS

Thursday, 8 November 2007

Tagged!

Thanks Mr Phill Barron for tagging me. I think I was tagged yonks ago by someone else and never got around to doing anything about it, so here goes:
Five things I’m proud of which other people think are lame …

I love musicals:
OK, so a lot of people do like them - except most don't have everything from Annie to Wicked on their MP3 player.
I did have a dream of doing musical theatre for a living, except I realised quite quickly that I needed to be able to sing and probably get my leg on a ballet bar.
I have almost every musical on CD and even own a few musical DVDs. I just flippin' well love a good power ballad - you can't beat it!

I don't like going out:
I'm not talking about being an agoraphobic! I mean when all of my friends want to go out after work and get drunk or spend their Friday's and Saturday's out in town until the early hours, I'd much rather be at home with a cup of tea and a book.
The thought of having a hang-over makes me shudder (what a waste of a day)!
Don't get me wrong, I like to go out for a few drinks now and again and I do enjoy myself, but given the choice I'd much rather be at home.
Even when I do stand-up gigs, I find myself looking at my watch and thinking '11pm, wow it's way past my bed time!'

I like writing letters:
As in proper letters on paper, where you have to put it in an envelope and post. Emails and texts are great, but I miss getting letters in the post.
I used to have pen-pals all over the world when I was younger and I still write to one of them! All of my other friends who have moved to various city's since we've grown up get letters from me and they write back.
In fact, I think my best friend Leah has kept every single letter I've ever sent her since I moved from living across the road from her when I was 13. That's a lot of letters!

I care more about animals than people:
Well, animals and children. I do care about people, I just care about animals and children more. I suppose it's because neither children or animals have asked to be brought in to the world or to be given a home and they're so dependent on people.
If I read in the news that a person was killed walking his/her dog, my immediate thought is 'WHAT ABOUT THE DOG?'

I believe in and I'm very scared of ghosts:
I grew up in a haunted house. We lived there for 13 years and it was horrible. An old lady used to sit by my bed and stroke my hair until I went to sleep when I was two years of age and a lot of scary things have happened since then in that house. The area we lived in was extremely haunted. My cousin who lived across the road used to play with a little girl who told him she died outside his house on a horse and cart accident.
You'd think I'd be used to scary things... oh no! If I'm in on my own I hate it. I'm scared of the dark and I'm scared of turning the lights out at night when Mr Sally is in work. If I'm in on my own I sleep with the quilt wrapped around my head with just a space for my mouth to breathe (which is how I used to sleep growing up in the haunted house).
My worst nightmare is opening my eyes and seeing a figure at the bottom of the bed. This happened to me when I lived in the haunted house. I woke up and a man (not my dad or brother) was stood by my bedroom window, looking out. If I woke up to this as an adult, I'd need therapy!
My mum always says it's the living we should worry about, but I disagree. If you find a living stranger or a ghost in your room, you're going to poop yourself!

Anyway, thanks for tagging me Phill. I feel like I've got a lot off my chest!

I'm not sure who has or hasn't been tagged. So if you're reading this and fancy making your own top five list - please do!

0 comments:

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .