RSS

Tuesday, 20 November 2007

I'm In (I think)!

Erm, well it's been a strange start to my week. I sent sample scripts on Sunday to the drama school for the writing for performance course I mentioned (not writing and performance course I called it in my last post)!

Anyway, the lady that runs the course called me after 10:00am yesterday and said she'd read my script and would I be available for an interview that day. Erm, of course!
I had such a fun time. They let me sit in on a writing session that was taking place, which I loved. Then I had a chat/interview and they were so nice. When I asked when I'd find out if I'd been accepted or not. The lady said 'Probably Friday because we're still interviewing all week.' Then the man said 'Although I have to say you're exactly the kind of person we'd like on the course.'
Then the lady said 'Yes, we'd love to have you on the course.'
So I think it's a sign I'm in! Although I'll wait until Fri as nothing is official yet!

In the evening Mr Sally (who has the week off work) had a brilliant idea to go and visit my parents, so we drove down, had a take-away and a good catch up. Spent a lovely morning with them, then we drove to Stafford where Mr Sally drove a Ferrari around a race track. I bought him a driving experience for Christmas last year. Although it was very cold and I had to try and take photos of him speeding past with my numb hands, it was a good day.

Back to work tomorrow, where I will take no more days off because I have Christmas to pay for and (hopefully) course fees to pay in Jan!
Oh, and congrats also to my brother Gav. He had a job interview yesterday and got the job!






4 comments:

liz fenwick said...

Fingers crossed for you but it sounds like your in :-)

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Liz, lets hope so!! :-)

x

Barrie said...

Wow. It all sounds VERY positive! I will check back Friday. Congrats to Gavin!

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Barrie, fingers crossed for Friday. I'll pass your congrats on to Gavin too, thanks. It's just the job he really wanted, so he's very happy! :-)

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .