RSS

Tuesday, 13 November 2007

From Bad to OK

Well yesterday I was a bit gloomy, which isn't like me at all. It started at 6:30am when I was getting ready for work and realised that as I threw 2 pairs of boots in the bin on the weekend because they were very old etc, it meant I actually had nothing of warmth for my feet on the most freezing day we've had in a while.
Then I was gloomy because I'm still in my rubbish day job, I had no idea if I had an agent and everything just exploded slightly.
The day was resolved with some good laughs with my friends from work, then I went to a shoe shop and treated myself to a pair of boots and a new top from H&M. I even got changed in to them before I met my friend Paul for our writing session.
I felt much better!
Paul and I as usual gossiped and had a good giggle for 2 hours and then for the last hour planned the characters and plot for our new play, we're very excited.

I finished writing with Paul at 8pm and Mr Sally wasn't finishing work until 10:30pm, so I sat in quiet pub with a larger and lime and did some more writing.
Oh, then I sat in the car for the last half hour and FROZE TO DEATH. Mr Sally came to the car and said 'Why didn't you just put the heater on?'
OH BECAUSE I'M STUPID!!!!!!
So I froze for no reason!

Anyway, today I phoned my agency and it seems I'm still being represented by them. I had a nice chat to the man who's looking after me and he seems nice, so we'll see!

Anyone watch 'I'm A Celeb?' I'm sooo hooked!

x

7 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Glad to hear you're still repped!
Next time, turn the heater on, girl! ;)

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Alyssa, I definitely will.
I'm so stupid!! :-)

Barrie said...

Sally! Yay!! I'm so happy you're still repped. And new boots are good too.

Amanda Ashby said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with the speed of your shoe shopping. I can buy houses quickly and move country on a whim, but when it comes to paying for footwear, it seems to take at least a fortnight! Yay that you spoke to your new agent!!!

Sara Hantz said...

Glad you sorted out your agency problems.... I was once told that two weeks in 'normal' time is like two days in publishing.... so although things seem to take ages for us, it doesn't for them... does that make sense????

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Amanda. I know what you mean about shopping for shoes, I usually take forever, just that day I was desperate!! :-)

Hi Sara, thanks for that - it definitely makes sense. The waiting game is something I'm definitely getting used to!

x

Sally Lawton said...

Thanks Barrie, it is good news - fingers crossed it works out!

x

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .