RSS

Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Lightbulb

I was sat in work today feeling bored and was half listening in to a conversation two of my friends were having, when an idea for my next book just hit me slap bang in the face.
The idea hit me and one second after that the title hit me.
It was such a strange, yet exciting feeling.

It's a chick-lit style book and this is the title:

Alter-Ego!

Hm, I need to check if it's been used etc, but I can't tell you how excited I am.

I'm still busy with my other book for my teen series Snogs, Blogs & Best Mates - but I do want to write for adults too.
I'd love to be in the position to write and publish two books a year, one adult and one teen.
The first book I wrote Miss Independent was an adult book and my teen book was my second.
Miss Independent was a big learning curve and I re-wrote it well over seven times. It's now called Coffee and Confessions, and although my agent likes it, we decided to work on Snogs, Blogs first.

Anyway, I'm soooo excited by the idea of this book.
I went swimming after work and thought more about the plot etc. I'm going to let the idea form properly first and I'm definitely going to write a lot of it whilst on holiday.

This is definitely the one... I just know it!

5 comments:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

How exciting for you--you sound so jazzed! Coincidentally, I toyed with the same name for the book I'm currently working on, but it wasn't a perfect fit. Hope it is for you...

Sara Hantz said...

Yay!!! Don't worry if the title has been use before, titles aren't copyrightable (is that a word???)

Sally Lawton said...

Gread minds... Alyssa! I think it suits my story perfectly, we'll see!

Thanks Sara, that's good to know!

x

liz fenwick said...

God, it's wonderful when it happens :-) Enjoy........

Barrie said...

Sally--don't you just love that I-gotta-write-this feeling! Run with it!!

 
Copyright Mirth in Manchester 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .